Who are We?
We are a small, Auckland based consultancy established in 1988. It is very
important that you understand that if you enter into any form of contractural
arrangement with us, that contract will be with the company, you will be
dealing with the company, and the person(s) you may talk to are at all times
acting as representatives of the company, and not as individuals. William
Hursthouse, a director (and author of these pages) has been working continuously
in the building industry since 1973.
- Registered Master Builder 24 years
- NZIBS Weathertightness Course 2002
- NZIBS Modular Training 2003 (8 modules)
- NZIBS Remediation Exam 2004
- BRANZ Certificate of Weathertightness Design July 2005
- NZIBS Remediation Panel Member, April 2007
- Graduate Diploma in Business Studies (Dispute Resolution)
- LEADR (Now Resolution Institute) Accredited Mediator
- New Zealand Institute of Building Surveyors Inc.
- Building Officials Institute of New Zealand
- 1998 - 2007 Executive Member New Zealand Institute of Building Surveyors
- New Zealand Institute of Building
- New Zealand Concrete Society
- Cement and Concrete Association of New Zealand
- Claddings Institute of New Zealand
- NZ Standards Committee member NZS 4306:2005 Residential Property Inspection
- NZ Green Building Council
- Society of Construction Law
- AAMINZ (Assoicate Member of Arbitrators' and Mediators' Institute of
- AssocRICS (Associate Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors)
- Residential Building 25 years: design and build
- Pre purchase and building consultancy company formed 1988:
- Expert witness work
- Two Government contracts and one with a local Council as weathertightness consultant
- Remediation (Recladding)
What We Offer
- Assessment of Buildings, especially for Weathertightness
- Investigation and Evidence Gathering
- Preparation of Reports for Dispute Resolution
- Maintenance Programmes, life cycle costing
- Expert Witness
- Remediation (Recladding), including:
- Approval and Design of new cladding details;
- Consent and Tender Documentation;
- Project Management through to
- Completion and issue of Code Compliance Certificate
Since 1988 We have inspected hundreds of homes and been called in to solve a great variety of building problems.
This has given us a great deal of experience. However,every job is different. We believe the most important quality
is a truly open mind. Every house reveals unique features and in every case there are mysteries to be solved.
See Surveys and Reports for what is involved in a Building Survey.